This 6 day course 30th June-5th July is timed to coincide with Umbria Jazz 2013 BOOK NOW
Rick Stone is based in New York City but has been coming to Italy for the last few years to be part of Umbria Jazz. This year he is running a workshop with art holiday Italy and you have the opportunity to learn from him. He is an artist with a clear musical vision creating fresh interpretations of jazz standards and lyrically evocative originals.
“one of the finest straight-ahead jazz guitarists on the current NYC jazz scene.”
– Robert Silverstein, MWE3.com
Rick has tutored and played with an impressive selection of musicians, leading all-star groups with the likes of Kenny Barron, Eric Alexander, Vernel Fournier, Richard Wyands, Ralph Lalama, Dennis Irwin and Billy Hart to name a few. He has played in performances at Carnegie Hall’s, Weill Recital Hall, The Smithsonian Institution, The Blue Note and Birdland.
Rick has many years teaching guitar to share and this five day workshop is a real opportunity to spend time with your guitar and take yourself to the next level wherever that may be. Practice will be followed by a performance to a friendly audience on the Rimondato amphitheatre and maybe a late night jam session in Perugia itself.
PRICES Double room £495 Bunkhouse / Dome £455
Workshop Dates & Program 30th June – 5th July
- 30th Sun arrive – Evening meal group meet, intro workshop
- 1st Mon group practice
- 2nd Tue group practice & 1 to 1 sessions
- 3rd Wed group practice & 1 to 1 sessions
- 4th Thur Morning Trip to Citta di Castello for market day. Afternoon group workshop
- 4th Evening performance on Rimondato Amphitheatre
- 5th Fri Morning group workshop, evening play at a Jam session Perugia. (stay over in Perugia)